Master bone carvers from Arkhangelsk to Kamchatka will bring their works to the competition in Tobolsk — the first capital of Siberia. An exhibition and sale of bone products will be open all week, master classes will be held by the best artists of this unique craft.
Five reasons to go to bone carving festival in Tobolsk:
- Bone carving art appeared in Tobolsk as early as in the 17th century. The ancestors of bone carving here were exiled Swedish officers taken prisoner during the Northern War.
- Today, the Tobolsk bone carving factory is considered the only one in the world bone cutting company. It is here that a unique collection of works made from mammoth tusks, sperm whale teeth and walrus tusks is kept.
- Tobolsk — a unique Siberian city with the only stone Kremlin behind the Ural Mountains, a rich natural landscape and a wide, Irtysh full of fish. The city, which was once the second capital of the Russian Empire, still keeps a layer of the great history of our country.
- The opening of the bone carving festival coincides with the anniversary , 435th City Day in Tobolsk — there will be a bright holiday with music, interactive venues and evening fireworks.
- At the same time, Tobolsk will become a venue for two grandiose festivals: “Theatre of Nations” and “Summer in the Tobolsk Kremlin”, where you can see the best theatrical performances of the country, listen to the performance of philharmonic orchestras and M. I. Glinka's opera “A Life for the Tsar”.